Dairy MAX, Inc., the local checkoff promotion organization funded by the dairy farmers, offers five $1,000 academic scholarships for students entering the field of agriculture, culinary arts, education and science (a maximum of $2,500 may be awarded based on quality of application). Scholarship funds may be used for tuition, books, or on-campus housing at a higher-education institution. Scholarship checks will be made out to college or institution.
Eligible Applicants must meet each the following requirements:
1) Reside in the geographic territory served by Dairy MAX which includes Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma and southwestern Kansas.
2) Achieve Fuel Up to Play 60 Student Ambassador status
3) Assist a Program Advisor at one school in achieving Touchdown status (Six Step completion) for school year 2017-2018
4) Plans to enter the field of agriculture, culinary arts, education or science
5) A graduating high school senior
Details and required documents to be provided by applicants:
1) Personal and educational details provided as accurately and informatively as possible as laid out in application form.
2) A letter of recommendation from a teacher or school administrator.
3) Certified high school transcript
The Dairy MAX scholarship program is designed to allow students the opportunity to showcase their excellence in many areas both personal and educational. Dairy MAX will select a committee of outside judges to review the applications. Points will be awarded as follows:
0-10 Points for each of the following sections - A total of 60 possible points:
- Personal Information
- School and Community Activities
- Fuel Up to Play 60 Activities
- Student Ambassador Role
- Personal Goals
- Additional information as provided in application
Deadline for submitting this application is March 31, 2018.
Recipients of the Dairy MAX scholarship will be notified of their awards no later than May 1, 2018.
Dairy MAX encourages all eligible students to apply. Please fill out the details below to begin your application process. You can always save your progress and return to it. If you have questions or need assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org