Dairy MAX, Inc., the local checkoff promotion organization
funded by the dairy farmers, offers two $2,500 academic scholarships for students entering or currently enrolled in a college
program at a four-year institution. Scholarship funds may be used for tuition,
books, or on-campus housing.
Eligible Applicants must
meet each the following requirements:
- Reside in the geographic territory served by Dairy MAX which
includes Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Southwestern Kansas.
- Graduating high school senior or undergraduate student currently enrolled at a four-year university.
- Must be one of the following:
- Child of dairy producer
- Child of dairy farm employee
- FFA or 4-H dairy show participant your junior or senior year in high school
Details and required
documents to be provided by applicants:
- Personal and educational details provided accurately and
informatively on application form.
- A letter of recommendation from a non-family member who is an FFA or 4-H agriculture leader, a teacher, or in the dairy industry. You will be
able to request this letter by email at the bottom of the application form.
- A 500-1,000 word essay describing how this scholarship would
impact you and your future aspirations.
- Certified high school and undergraduate transcript if
- A photograph to be used in the press release announcing the
The Dairy MAX scholarship program is designed to allow students
the opportunity to showcase their excellence in many areas both personal and
educational. Dairy MAX will select a committee of outside judges to review the
applications. There is a total of 100 possible points, and points will be
awarded as follows:
0-5 Points for each of the following sections – a total of 20
- Personal Information
- Personal Goals and Special Interests
- Personal Reference Letter
- Family Information
0-10 Points for each of the following sections – a total of 60
- School Activities
- FFA and 4-H activities
- Community Activities and Work Experience
- Dairy Activities
- Educational Goals
0-20 Points for the following section – a total of 20 possible
Deadline for submitting application is March 31, 2018.
Recipients of the Dairy MAX scholarship will be notified of
their awards no later than May 1, 2018.
Dairy MAX encourages all eligible students to apply. Please fill
out the details below to begin your application process. You can always save
your progress and return to it. If you have questions or need assistance,
please email Brennen Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org.