Dairy MAX, the local checkoff promotion organization funded by dairy farmers, offers three $2,500 academic scholarships for graduating high school seniors or undergraduate students currently enrolled in a junior college or four-year university. Scholarship funds may be used for tuition, books, or on-campus housing.
Eligible Applicants must meet each the following requirements:
- Reside in the geographic territory served by Dairy MAX which includes Colorado, southwest Kansas, Louisiana, Montana, New Mexico, western Oklahoma, Texas and Wyoming.
- Graduating high school senior or undergraduate student currently enrolled in a junior college or four-year college program.
- Must be one of the following:
- Child of dairy producer
- Child of dairy farm employee
- FFA or 4-H dairy show participant your junior or senior year in high school
Details and required documents to be provided by applicants:
- Personal and educational details provided accurately and informatively on application form.
- A letter of recommendation from a non-family member who is an FFA or 4-H agriculture leader, a teacher, or in the dairy industry. You will be able to request this letter by email at the bottom of the application form.
- A 500-1,000 word essay describing how this scholarship would impact you and your future aspirations.
- Certified high school and undergraduate transcript if applicable.
- A photograph to be used in the press release announcing the winner.
The Dairy MAX scholarship program is designed to allow students the opportunity to showcase their excellence in many areas both personal and educational. Dairy MAX will select a committee of outside judges to review the applications. There is a total of 100 possible points, and points will be awarded as follows:
0-5 Points for each of the following sections – a total of 20 possible points:
- Personal Information
- Personal Goals and Special Interests
- Personal Reference Letter
- Family Information
0-10 Points for each of the following sections – a total of 60 possible points:
- School Activities
- FFA and 4-H activities
- Community Activities and Work Experience
- Dairy Activities
- Educational Goals
0-20 Points for the following section – a total of 20 possible points:
Deadline for submitting application is March 31, 2021.
Recipients of the Dairy MAX scholarship will be notified of their awards no later than May 7, 2021.
Dairy MAX encourages all eligible students to apply. Please fill out the details below to begin your application process. You can always save your progress and return to it. If you have questions or need assistance, please email Brennen Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org.